Sunday, August 14, 2011

Knitty-Gritty



The icy winter conditions beginning last Monday prompted me to finish the hot water bottle covers I had been knitting in response to a plea from the Christchurch City Mission. One was in a mock cable, the other in basket stitch. Am trying to decide whether I should make myself one now, seeing the nights are still so cold.

Malkovitch has a new hiding place - he spent a whole day sleeping in this bag of fleece wool on the windowseat recently and it is now his favourite sleeping place. I am prompted to do some spinning again, now that I have nothing else crafty on the go.

Discovered some hazelnuts in the kitchen cupboard which needed consumption so made this Linzer Torte - a spicy cinnamon and ground hazelnut dough , filled with Barkers raspberry jam with a lazy lattice top. I used a Mary-Anne recipe from my scrapbook from the 1960s in which I pasted cut-out recipes from the Auckland Star.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:40 AM

    Lovely kitteh, yummie cake - and amazing knitting pattern! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete