Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Hello Herne Bay

This is our second week of living in Herne Bay.  I love our new house, its light clean look, its soft warm brown carpet, its spaciousness. 


The  move itself was gruelling on a very wet day and had to be completed the following Monday after five hours on the Saturday.  Had a few sleepless nights, before, during and after but now that the furniture is in place, the majority of the boxes unpacked (with more than a little help from our friends) we feel at home here in our new abode, street and suburb,much as I remember feeling when we first moved to Ponsonby 36 years ago. The villa was smaller but it had the same light walls and brown carpet, come to think of it.

It takes just that bit longer getting to and from places but so far so good.  When we miss the connecting bus from Ponsonby to Herne Bay there is a convenient taxi rank at Three Lamps which I availed myself on my long trip home from a meeting in Epsom yesterday. 

Today on my home from the gym walked down Hobson St to Wah Lee's to get some rice paper light shades for the last remaining naked dangling lightbulbs and look forward to fossicking about in there again. 

 Conscious of the amount of stuff we unpacked and put away I resisted today but weakened further down the road at the City Mission op shop where  I popped in to have a look around and found things half price.   Got a cute little clock radio to set on the Concert Program in the mornings seeing our old one has yet to be found.  

Saw two lovely Royal Doulton soup plates with a lovely leaf pattern which I couldn't resist and bought them to use for our Mr Wattie's Extra Special pea soup today and many other soup days to come.  Over recent years we have used my mother's old Noritake Vine Yard Burgundy design dinner set and no doubt will get as much pleasure out of these 2 new plates as out of the Noritake version of the 1960s.  






No comments:

Post a Comment